Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lovin' My Husband on Valentine's Day

Judy from A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings has started a new meme on Tuesdays called Lovin my Husband. Share three ways in which you are blessed by your husband. Link to Judy's blog and leave your link there so others can read your blog post! And get the image from her blog, too!
What a wonderful day to have this meme! Valentine's Day!
1. My husband is a very compassionate person. I have always felt that he is more compassionate and unselfish than I am! You know that saying - "he would give his shirt off his back ..." That is my hubby.
2. When we marry, we marry each other's history and baggage. Well, it is not easy being married to an incest survivor. He has had to deal with my past and my pain and my issues in more ways than I can say. And he has done so with love and, yes, compassion. He has hung in there with me and supported my healing journey through some really tough times. I thank God everyday for my husband.
3. My hubby is the best cook! He is better than me. He is better than anyone I know. And he loves to cook. And he taught our sons to cook as well. How awesome is that?
Photobucket

4 comments :

munchesmom said...

VERY AWESOME! What a great husband you have!

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you!!
:)

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

My husband loves to cook too! In years gone by, when we had babies or I was pregnant, he used to spend most Saturdays cooking. He would fill the freezer with prepared meals so all I had to do each day was thaw and heat. It made such a difference not having to worry about the cooking!

Your husband sounds very special. I hope you had a very happy Valentine's Day together! May God bless you both.

Colleen said...

Sue, oh what a wonderful thing for your husband to do. A great idea! Happy Valentines Day!