Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sabbath Moments - His Presence

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Some of my moments this week:
1. Praying the examen throughout the day by setting an alarm on my phone. Helps in "praying without ceasing." And reminds me to stop, and say Hi to Jesus.
2. Made it to daily Mass 2 mornings this week. The peace stayed me all day.
3. I am often moved by people who are facing a difficult time, like surgery, and yet they express unyielding faith in God. They seem so vulnerable and are not afraid to show it. And yet they are not afraid to show their faith either. Truly inspiring. Truly an experience of the presence of God.
4. Adoration in the middle of the night - such a beautiful Sabbath moment. Silent. Peaceful. Resting in His presence.
Photobucket

4 comments :

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Love the idea of setting an alarm...if I had a cell phone, I'd do that! Perhaps, I will set my kitchen timer instead :)
Adoration is such a blessing...I imagine how WONDERFUL a middle of the night visit with the Lord must be. And I understand what you mean about people keeping joy, faith, and openness to profess their faith during grave trials and serious situations...in fact, this is how I see YOU...my dear friend! You are a SUCH an inspiration to me!

Colleen said...

Judy, kitchen timer would work!!
Thank you for your kind words and for joining me in this meme. God bless!

Tricia said...

I have often thought some kind of alarm would be good to have to remind me to turn back to God often. I would want to set it every 5 minutes. I get ahead of God very quickly, need to be reminded of Him often. :)

Colleen said...

Tricia, thanks for your comment! I know what you mean. :)
The alarm really works though. God bless.