Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sabbath Moments - The Kiss of God

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
Some of my moments this week:
1. What a beautiful moon the other night! I was closing up the house to go to bed and I saw it peeking through the trees. Gorgeous. God gives us such beautiful gifts everyday.
2. Speaking of gifts, I saw a gorgeous sunrise on my way home from work the other day. I had not seen one for a few weeks because it was too late or too early or too cloudy. I wanted to get a picture for Barb (her blog is Suffering with Joy). She had asked me for pictures the last time I wrote about seeing a gorgeous sunset but I had no opportunity to stop and get a good picture! Sorry, Barb!
3. Going to morning Mass at every opportunity and then praying in the chapel before the Blessed Sacrament. What a blessing in my life.
4. Listening to the rain fall last night. What a beautiful musical sound and I feel so safe and comfy in my favorite chair with my favorite coffee drink - mocha frappaccino!
5. I found an excellent book on the Eucharist  - Our One Great Act of Fidelity - and every time I pick it up to read it, tears just come to my eyes at some of the beautiful words being written by Fr. Ron Rolheiser. This morning I read that "The Eucharist is the kiss of God."
Oh my.

3 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Lovely, Colleen. I think we can never read or study the Holy Eucharist enough, just as we can never read or study enough about Our Lady.

I'm skipping this meme this week because I woke up with extraordinary levels of pain and am not motivated to write. Next week we will be driving to Dallas for my brother's 40th wedding anniversary. I sang at their wedding forty years ago! So I will miss the meme again, but I'll check in like I am today.

God bless you and thanks for mentioning me in your post. Maybe next time we'll have pictures of a sunset :).

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh what beautiful moments the Lord has blessed you with this week. I can almost hear that rain and see those beautiful skies! Our weather is CRAZY...blizzard one moment...bright, sunny, and melted, the next! We have no idea what the next hours will bring! That book sounds simply wonderful! I have heard that priest before. I feel drawn to reading about the Blessed Sacrament these days so perhaps I'll look for it!

Colleen said...

Barb, that is so cool! You sang at their wedding 40 years ago? Awesome! I hoping you feel better soon, especially before going to Dallas. God bless!

Judy, gee, you are having crazier weather than we are!! I am pretty sure you will like the book. God bless!