Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thankful for Blessings - February 15

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also be sure to check out her new meme and her newly published book!
My blessings this week:
1. I am so grateful for the blogging community and how we support each other and make each other laugh and share our lives and our faith and our prayers.
2. I am so grateful for the cold weather that finally came our way, albeit for only 2 days but I enjoyed it!
3. I am so grateful for diet chocolate ice cream that is helping me satisfy my cravings while I am on my diet.
4. I am so grateful for books, especially ones about Jesus and prayer and Catholicism. And I am enjoying ebooks a lot more since getting my ipad! What fun!
5. I am so grateful for my mom and our long phone conversation last night.
Photobucket

11 comments :

munchesmom said...

LOVE #1...It is so true! Diet chocolate ice cream? I guess I never realized that diet & chocolate can be used in the same sentence...LOL!

I downloaded your new book yesterday & am looking forward to getting into it soon...I was think Lent would be a good time. Thanks for making it available!

My word verification is "blest." Perfect for today's lists of blessings!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'd be grateful for diet chocolate ice cream if I could find it here in the UK.

You know, in the UK (Scotland in particular) they deep fry Mars bars.

I'm grateful for so many other things though. Praise the Lord.

God bless.

Colleen said...

munchesmom, weight watchers diet chocolate bars to be exact!
Thank you for purchasing my new book! Hope you enjoy it!
Blest! How perfect! Thank you!

Victor, deep fry? really? or are you kidding? :)
Thanks and God bless!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Not kidding. Invented in Scotland. Mars bars are frozen and then placed in batter (flour and water) and then dipped in very hot oil; same as making fish and chips. Never tried them myself. Think of the calories ... and the taste !!! Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, wow. The calories must be through the roof! And I am not too sure about the taste. The pictures did not entice me at all!
Thanks for the info and the link.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I am starting your new book tonight and I can't wait!
Wish I could get my Mum to get/use an iPad...since my Dad died...she can't get to the Book Mobile like she used to...we've been ordering books for her online...but...if I could just get her to use an iPad...she could download anything she wants to read at the click of a button! Ah well...I have to admit that I prefer holding a book in my hand, too :)
God bless you as you strive for a healthier diet!
Thanks for joining me each week...and, I know just how you feel about those long talks with your Mom...what a blessing!

Colleen said...

Judy, thanks for buying my book! Hope you enjoy it!
I really enjoy my ipad. It would make it easier for your mom. And cheaper too! I do like having some books for my shelves - the ones that I can read over and over and the ones I want to share with others. Thanks for this meme!

Debra said...

I too am so thankful for books! I must find a way to soon get into the ebooks! I've sort of stalled in this area!

Colleen said...

Debra, it took me a while to warm up to them and they aren't for everyone. I like having both. So nice to "see" you here! Thanks!

OrdainedPraise said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Colleen. Going thru a difficult time - lost 10 pounds from anemia. Tell the gang at Thankful woman to pray for me on Feb. 24th and Mar. 2nd because I am having some medical procedures done to see if they can find out the cause. Love your list!

Colleen said...

OrdainedPraise, you are in our prayers!! Feel better!