Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- Lent Begins

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also be sure to check out her new website!
My blessings this week:
1. I am thankful for Lent. It is a season of many contradictions. A time of penance and renewal. A time of death and resurrection. A time of sorrow and joy.
2. I am thankful for my Catholic faith. My life has changed so much since converting and I have been blessed beyond all understanding.
3. I am thankful for my job as parish secretary as I am able to help prepare for our celebrations during Lent. So awesome.
4. I am thankful for the gift of the Eucharist. We are having a Eucharistic day of renewal in a few weeks at our parish, presented by yours truly. What joy! I pray that all will be blessed by it.
5. I am thankful for books. I am trying to keep myself from going overboard with my list of books to read for Lent. One book I would recommend is 365 Mary. It has daily reflections on Mary and may become one of my favorite books on Mary of all time.

10 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes on your Eucharistic Day of Renewal.

Thank you for this post.

God bless.

Jean Wise said...

I chuckled at your comment of trying not to go overboard with reading. I am being very intentional in Lenten practices this year and HAVE gone overboard with all I am planning to do. I prayer this morning, God reminded me to do as I am able and don't fuss if I am not perfect. Being gentle with myself today.

munchesmom said...

Love your description of Lent in #1. So true!

YAY for books! That was my #5 also! I'll have to look into the book you recommended. Sounds wonderful!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I never considered the paradoxical side of Lent...beautiful!
Wish I could attend #4 and know that those who do will be greatly blessed!
Thanks so much for the book recommendation...I love to read so much!

Daily Grace said...

Your blessings are beautiful! Thank you!

Colleen said...

Victor, thanks so much! God bless.

Jean, I need to be more gentle with myself as well. "Less is more" sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

munchesmom, I do highly recommend that book. Very very good. Thanks for your comment! God bless!

Judy, there is so much paradox in the Christian life. Oh-oh - I sense a post idea coming on. Wish you could attend #4 as well!

Daily Grace, thank you! God bless!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

May God bless you on the Eucharistic Day of Renewal. "Wherever two or three are gathered together in my Name, there am I in the midst of them." Just get ready and let Jesus do the work.

Colleen said...

Barb, thank you! That is what I will do. Pray and let go! God bless.

Anonymous said...

One of our priests remarked today in his homily that we should not think of Lent as a time of sadness, as a time to focus on ourselves and sinfulness. Rather it should be a way to shift our focus from ourselves to the Lord. Something I definitely need a lot of work on...

Evan

Colleen said...

Evan, I once read a book called the Joy of Lent. It was great and reminded me of the blessings and joy of Lent. A time of renewal.