Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- Puppies and Diets

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also be sure to check out her new meme and her newly published book!
My blessings this week:
1. Daily Mass. I know that I mentioned this last week but I am so grateful that our Catholic Church has daily Mass. Going back to daily Mass has really helped my prayer life and outlook. More peace during the storms of life. I have had a rough couple of days at work and my "attitude" sailed through it fine. Thank you Lord!
2. Puppies. I love puppies. I am a dog person but I cannot have a dog where I live. However, someone I know just got a new puppy and he is soooo adorable. He brings a smile to my face every time I see him! Thank you, Lord.
3. Writing. I am so grateful for the gift and joy of writing and being able to share my faith this way. Good news - I have just published a new ebook. More information forthcoming soon! Thank you, Lord.
4. Freedom - being an American Catholic and able to vote and to speak my mind. I voted in my state's primary today. And I sent letters to my representative and senator this week asking for the HHS Mandate to be rescinded. I am grateful that we have the freedoms we have in this country. But we have to pray and we have to be vigilant. We are in danger of losing our religious freedom. Thank you Lord for our freedom. May we never take it for granted.
5. Diets. Welllll .... I am not really grateful for having to go on a diet, but I am grateful that some diets actually work (kinda - sorta) and my husband has found some good recipes to use on our diet which makes it bearable. So maybe I should say that I am grateful for my husband and his cooking talents rather than diets. Just don't tell him I tried a kahlua coffee today (not really kahlua - just flavored like it) but I am not sure it is on our diet. (Darn.)
Have a blessed and grateful week!
Photobucket

14 comments :

Jean Wise said...

Don't think I have ever been thankful for diets. maybe that is why they don't work. mmm, new approach to dieting - be thankful first.

Puppies are such a fun reminder to live!

Barb, sfo said...

I'm with you--I need daily Mass and am very grateful for the opportunity!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I actually LOVE, REAL kahlua in coffee! YUM! I am so happy you are in a state in life where you can go to Mass each day...this is my dream...still to come...my teens and I go to Mass on Mondays now, before our Bible Study Class and that has been a great blessing, too. I just love your whole list...writing, freedom, and yummy food made by loving husbands! Thanks for sharing your attitude of gratitude!

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

I always say I am thankful to live in a place so prosperous that we even need diets to lose weight...so glad daily Mass is a great part of your routine!

munchesmom said...

Mmmm! Kahlua flavored coffee sounds yummy!

I, too, am grateful for your gift of writing. I find much inspiration from your posts.

I'm hoping that soon, when the munchkins are a bit older, we can attend daily Mass. I think it would be a wonderful start to our school days.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Colleen, you are such a trip! I love your whole list, too.

I don't view a diet as a diet anymore. Since I've had to alter the way I eat for health reasons, I just think of supporting the various body systems with the food that's best for them. The other part of diet is exercise - in a good way, not the running four miles a day way like I used to. It could be doing extra house cleaning, puttering in the yard, taking the dog for a walk, going to a nearby state park to walk, or some other thing appropriate to my age and condition. We still get to offer it all up. So enjoy your "diet" and have some fun with it.

Colleen said...

Jean, I TRY to be thankful for diets that work!! You noticed how it switched to being thankful for hubby's cooking instead!! :)

Barb, we are blessed to be able to go!

Judy, thank you! And I will have to try REAL Kahlua, diet or no diet!! ;)

Kristen, that is a good way to put it about diets!

munchesmom, thank you for your compliment! I hope you will be able to go to daily Mass with your munchkins someday. I did with my boys when they were growing up. They enjoyed it and it is a happy memory.

Barb, glad to bring a smile to your face! :) I need to have your attitude about diets. I will try!! Thank you!

mary333 said...

I love your list, Colleen. Don't know about the diet thing - I could stand to drop a few pounds but I hate dieting! Love puppies though! Even stinky ones ;)

Congratulations on the new e-book! I can't wait to read it!

Sherry Hefner said...

I love your "thankful" list! I also love your blog photo of the church in the snow. I bet its warm inside....
Blessings...

Colleen said...

Mary, thank you! SOooo glad to see you!!

Sherry, welcome!! Thanks for stopping my and commenting! That church does look warm doesnt it?

Susan said...

I love your list. Freedom is a profound gift from our Creator. The world, life could be so different. There are so many dimensions of freedom.

Thanks for reminding me of this gift.

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you. I felt the same way as I wrote it. I started out talking about one kind of freedom and then thought about the freedom that comes with loving God. Blessings!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

When I went to the doctor for a check up he looked at my stomach and said "You must diet".

I said "Sure ... what color you want me to dye it?"

He suggested exercise too. He said "Do something every day that makes you gasp for breath."

I started smoking.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you! Love your sense of humor. :)