Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- Time of Renewal

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! I am grateful for this meme! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also be sure to check out her new website!
My blessings this week:
1. We spent a wonderful day with our youngest son, celebrating his birthday. It was a beautiful day. Thank you, Lord.
2. Attended the Rite of Election at our diocesan Cathedral. So moving to see all the candidates and catechumens there who will become Catholic at the Easter Vigil. Thank you, Lord.
3. Ice coffee. I love it. Thank you, Lord.
4. First week of Lent. So far I am keeping it simple! Thank you, Lord.
5. I am working on my talks for a Eucharistic Day of Renewal at our parish. What a joy! I can't wait! Thank you, Lord.

12 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Hi,

You've been nominated for an Award on my Blog.

God bless.

munchesmom said...

Beautiful list! I love iced coffee, too...so refreshing. I'll keep you in my prayers as your prepare for your talks. I'm sure they will be wonderful!

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you for the award! I love it!

munchesmom, aha! So glad to know you love ice coffee too!
Thank you for your prayers. I need them!!

Susan said...

I like the Lenten motif. Lovely list. It is wonderful to see new candidates to the faith. It makes people like me, a life-long Catholic not take things for granted.

Jean Wise said...

I like your list and its reminder of both huge and little things to be thankful for. and I am thankful for you and your words today!

Colleen said...

Susan, thank you! Glad you like my blog look! My hubby said the same thing about new candidates. He helps teach RCIA. And I am a convert too.

Jean, and I am thankful for you and your inspiring blog!! God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Your list is filled with such joyful and spiritually-rich blessings!
Prayers for your talk to speak the love of Christ into the hearts of your listeners:)

The header you have up for Lent is VERY powerful. I had to gaze and reflect on it for a while before scrolling down to the posts:) Thanks for sharing that with us.

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you! I didnt know what to do with the header and then I stumbled on that image and I just had to use it.
Thanks for this meme.

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

Your side-bar is going to be full of Victor's lobsters! I'd like to give you this award too!

Colleen said...

Sue, thank you!

Daily Grace said...

I really like your Lenten background Colleen. It's really nice.

This is very special time of year and I too enjoy seeing all the candidates & catechumens who will be entering the church on Easter Vigil. It is a beautiful sign for the future of the church.

Prays for your upcoming talk at your parish.

God bless

Colleen said...

Daily Grace, glad you like my blog look! Thanks for the prayers!