Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- Family and Friends

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! Just write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. And be sure to check out Judy's book and her Blog Talk Radio Show!
My blessings this week:
1. Thank you, Lord ... My talk this week on the Eucharist to a women's group at a nearby church went very well. On top of that, I saw some old friends and made some new ones! What a beautiful day!
2. Thank you, Lord ... My son and his wife and their son are coming for a short visit this weekend. And they will need a babysitter! And guess what 2 grandparents get to fill that role?!?!? (woo hoo!)
3. Thank you, Lord ... I have been enjoying the book I chose to read for Lent - Simplifying the Soul, Lenten Practices to Renew Your Spirit. I referred to it in this post the other day. It has fed me throughout these desert days of Lent, but I think it would be enjoyed all year round as well.
4. Thank you, Lord ... I just had a wonderful conversation with my mother on the phone. We try to call each week just to chat. She lives hundreds of miles away and I have not seen her for a long time. Thank you, Lord, for my mother and for email and phones!
5. Thank you, Lord ... my hubby takes such good care of me. He cooks and cleans and makes me laugh and spoils me rotten. 
What are some of your blessings? 

4 comments :

Jean Wise said...

A wonderful list of thankfulness. Did you see how each of them had the theme of connecting? WE connected by both reading Simplifying the Soul this lenten season!

Colleen said...

Jean, no, I did not recognize that theme. Thanks for pointing that out to me. And to think WE connected too! Awesome! God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh, boy! That #2 is SUCH a blessing! HAVE FUN Grammy!

Colleen said...

Thank you Judy!! I will! God bless.