Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sabbath Moments - Eucharist

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

I have been working all week on the Eucharistic Day of Renewal which is happening today! While I would hardly call it a Sabbath moment (the work part), there were sabbath moments in the middle of it. Kind of like a rainbow in the middle of a storm! The subject matter lends itself to frequent pauses of prayer and thanksgiving. And offering up the work and stress to the Lord. And praying for inspiration as well! Today will be a wonderful grace filled day and I am looking forward to it, now that the writing and worrying is all done!
 

2 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I will be looking forward to hearing how the day went!

Colleen said...

Barb, thanks for joining me today!
The Eucharistic day of renewal went great! Had a good turnout, more than we expected. It was received well, as far as I know. And I was just filled to the brim with many blessings which I still need to "unpack."
God bless!