Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sabbath Moments - Every Little Moment Counts

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.
1. I was blessed with going to Adoration twice this week. The first time was at the Eucharistic Day of Renewal at my parish last weekend. The 2nd time was my regular hour of adoration that I do twice a month. Spending time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is such a time of rest and peace. Even if I am upset about something, I feel better by the time I leave.
2. It was another busy week, so I had to look for minutes of peace and quiet where I could find them. Moments to stop and breathe in God (as I write in the intro to this post every week.) I found them in little moments, like a few minutes before the work day started and my morning devotional and the sunrise on the way to work (with the time change I don't see sunsets now, I see sunrises!)
3. My hubby and I watched the first 2 episodes of Catholicism with Fr. Robert Barron. Very well done and inspiring.
4. I had my Remicade infusion this week for my RA. While I would not necessarily call this a relaxing time, I am forced to sit in a recliner for a little over 2 hours and so I can read and think and rest during this time, in between BP checks and IV needles and all that fun stuff. Every little Sabbath Moment counts!

5 comments :

Barb Schoeneberger said...

It sounds like you had many moments of peace this week.

I wish that the "Catholicism" series would be downloadable so I could watch it at my convenience on the computer. Everything I hear about it is good, and Father Barron is really terrific. I like his calm demeanor and clear presentations in his many videos. We are so blessed by God to be Catholic and to love our Faith. I wish non-Catholics would come to know that the Catholic Church is where they need to be.

Holly@A Life-Size Catholic Blog said...

I'm watching Father Barron's series too. I've just received it and have only watched the first episode.

I like the 10ish minute videos he posts on his website too. My family and I watch some of those after dinner occasionally.

Colleen said...

Barb, I so agree. We are indeed blessed! Converting to the Catholic church has been one of the greatest joys and blessings of my life!
You can see parts of his series on his website. This weekly reflections but they are only a few minutes.

Holly, I am watching those little excerpts too. Great for reflecting during Lent.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

You have such a gift for being able to connect with God during ANY circumstance; no matter how trying.
I admire this very much.
So glad that you have Adoration...I know just what you mean about showing up upset and leaving filled with peace. Christ is amazing, like that, isn't He? Thanks for this meme!

Colleen said...

Judy, yes, Christ is amazing! Thanks for your kind words. God has blessed me with this gift to see Him when I most need to. I am so grateful. Thanks for joining me!