Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- It's a Girl!

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! I am grateful for this meme! Write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. Also be sure to check out her new website! She has a book and she has a new website and I have heard rumors about a Blog Talk Radio Show! Congratulations!
My blessings this week:
1. The Eucharistic Day of Renewal went well. I got great feedback on my talks and we had some great witnesses! And we had about 35 minutes of Adoration. Plus Mass. Thank you, Lord.
2. I will get the opportunity to give my talk on the Eucharist again in a couple of weeks for a local women's group. So I am so grateful, Lord!
3. My son and his family came down for just a couple of days for their reveal party to reveal the gender of our newest grandbaby! It's a girl! I am so excited! And so are the parents! Thank you, Lord!
4. I was also grateful that my son and dil and grandson came to stay with us while they were here. We were all pretty busy and having that extra time to spend with them in the evening before they left for home was really special to me. Thank you, Lord! You know my heart!
5. I am thankful for the wonderful time we had at the reveal party. I was sooo grateful for the laughter and the love I saw the whole time. My boys spent some time teasing me before the party and I just loved it. Like old times!
And of course, there are pictures of Landan - he looks pretty tuckered out here, snuggling up to his dad. Notice the pink shirt! That was my first hint it was a girl!

However, this picture his parents gave us of him "playing the drums" seems to show some energy! His shirt says "Mommy's Rascal"!!



11 comments :

munchesmom said...

Congrats on the baby girl soon to join your family!

I'm glad your talk went well (as I knew it would!) & that you have another opportunity to give it again.

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I've never heard of a reveal party before. What a wonderful idea! Congratulations on your new granddaughter. How exciting!

God bless.

Colleen said...

munchesmom
Thank you! I am excited! About the talk AND my new granddaughter! :)

Sue, I thought the reveal party was a great idea too. We found out the gender of the baby when my dil cut the cake! There was pink frosting inside!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

I love this new "reveal party" idea! I hope one of my kids has one some day:) YAYYYY for baby girls!!!

That little drummer boy is sooooo adorable!

I am so happy that you had this very VERY special time with your boys and the rest of your family...I'm smiling thinking of them teasing you...that is just SO special.

Colleen said...

Judy, thank you! I agree - he is adorable. That smile gets me every time. And yes, it was all so special, as you can well imagine.

Dymphna said...

My son and his wife just found out this week that our first grandchild will be a boy--Timothy Michael.

Ours is due August 12th. When is yours due?

Congrats, by the way!

Colleen said...

Dymphna, congratulations! SO exciting, isnt it! My granddaugher is due in July!

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Congratulations. And your grandson is cute, cute, cute! I just want to hug that little boy.

Colleen said...

Thank you Barb! Me too! He is so huggable!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Congratulation to your son and his family (and you!) for the precious girl being added to the family. :)

I'm glad your retreat day went well. I admire your speaking ability. I am shy and I can't barely open my mouth when around a more than few people, let alone give an address!

Colleen said...

Carol, thank you. It is not me. It is the Holy Spirit. A gift that I am sooo grateful for.