Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Thankful for Blessings- Praising God

My blogging friend, Judy, has an inspiring blog, A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Please join her every Wednesday in giving thanks for the many blessings we receive from God. When we remember our blessings, we find that we have a new attitude of gratitude! Just write a list of 5 blessings and then link to Judy's blog. And be sure to check out Judy's book and her Blog Talk Radio Show!
My blessings this week:
1. Praise to you, O Lord ... the dosage of my Remicade infusion was increased recently and has lessened my RA pain. It is a relief, to say the least.
2. Praise to you, O Lord ... how God uses people to touch others is such a awesome thing. Recently the right words were said to me at exactly the right time and they gave me such peace.
3. Praise to you, O Lord ... next week I am giving my talk on the Eucharist again to a women's group. I am really looking forward to it. Anytime I can talk about the Eucharist is such a blessing.
4. Praise to you, O Lord ... I have been able to make it to morning Mass more often than usual this Lent and I am so grateful. What a difference it makes to my day.
5. Praise to you, O Lord ... my hubby and I have been on a diet and have both lost a few pounds. We are pleased but we are just taking it one day at a time. Been here before! But we seem to have more of a positive attitude about it and for sure, praying helps!
What are some of your blessings this week?

10 comments :

Jean Wise said...

Praise the Lord for Colleen and her witness through her words and action!!

Colleen said...

Bless you, Jean. Thank you.

munchesmom said...

Love your beautiful list this week! Such a wonderful collection of blessings. Glad you were able to find pain relief & lose a few pounds, too.

Colleen said...

munchesmom, thank you! both are a relief for sure!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amen.

Praise the Lord.

God bless.

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

AMEN for relief to your pain!
Many blessings for your talk; I know it will be fruitful.
I had the same experience with the exact words sent to me...but it was through a book on Padre Pio...however, I was sitting in Adoration, praying about a specific thing...opened the book...and found a VERY specific, literal answser! AWESOME!
So happy that you share your joyful blessings with us!

Colleen said...

Judy, I am always amazed and uplifted when that happens! It is a beautiful reminder of how God is in all the details of our lives. Thanks for this meme, Judy!

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you. God bless you, too.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

I'm glad you're getting some relief from the RA pain. I always think of St. Paul's words about his own chronic affliction and wonder if it was pain.

Congrats also on the weight loss. The older we get the harder it is, and when a person has chronic pain we just can't move as much so it's all that much harder. For me, though, if I would just quit buying candy...

Colleen said...

Barb, I wonder about St. Paul's affliction too and have often thought the same. As for candy, M&M's are my downfall!