Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Deo Gratias - Holy Week


Deo Gratias is Latin for "Thanks be to God." Remembering to give thanks for all of our blessings, big and small, helps us to find God in our everyday moments and gives us an attitude of gratitude! I invite you to share your blessings here on Wednesdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below and grab the button to put on your blog!

1. It's Holy Week! My favorite week of the year. I am so grateful for my faith and for my Church and our celebrations during Holy Week. I love going to the Triduum Masses - Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. 
2. I am so grateful for Jesus and for his unconditional love, a forever love that we can trust and believe in. He suffered and died for us.
3. Fr. James Martin, (who is a wonderful writer - have you read some of his books?) wrote on Facebook about how inspired he was by Pope Francis. I feel the same way. Our Holy Father is surely modeling Jesus for us. Thank you, Lord.
4. The sunrises the past 2 mornings have been awesome! The sun looked like a bright red and orange ball! Thank you, Lord!
5. My husband is a great cook. He loves to cook and he loves to try out new recipes on me. What fun! It does not help my diet but oh,well!

7 comments :

Maria said...

I read Fr. Martin's "My Life with the Saints" & really enjoyed it. He has a great way w/ words.

Many blessings to you this Holy Week!

Colleen said...

I love that book, too, Maria. One of my favorites.
God bless!

Michael said...

I had the honor of hearing Fr Martin speak at a local church back when he released My Life with the Saints. He is wonderful.

I hope you are having a Blessed Triduum!

Colleen said...

Michael, thank you! A blessed Triduum and Easter to you, too!

Connie Arnold said...

Holy Week is certainly a special time. Deo Gratias indeed for such a great love and so many blessings! Happy Easter and blessings to you, Colleen!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes for a Peaceful and Blessed Easter to you and your family.

God bless.

Colleen said...

Connie, amen! Happy Easter!

Victor, God bless and happy Easter!