Monday, April 8, 2013

Light in the Darkness - Crossing the Finish Line

Maria at Four Blessings Academy is hosting an uplifting new meme for every Monday called Light in the Darkness. Here we share stories of hope and joy. We can link to a news article or video or tell a story from our own lives. Post about your story and then link to Maria's blog. There is enough negativity in this world. Let's spread some joy and light up the darkness!

I have seen this video many times. It took place at the Summer Olympics many years ago. I always cry when I watch it. The father in this video is like our Father in heaven. Always there to pick us up when we fall, and help us to cross the finish line.

8 comments :

Kristen @ St Monica's Bridge said...

Such a beautiful moment. A father comforting his son and carrying him to the finish line, is, like you said so true of our Heavenly father. Peace and Blessings on you this week

Maria said...

WOW! I didn't realize when I started this meme how many tears it would include! Thanks for sharing this one!

Maria said...

P.S. I think Josh Groban singing made me cry all the more. Such a beautiful voice singing such an uplifting cong!

Colleen said...

Kristen, thank you! Peace to you!

Maria, I know what you mean about the tears! And yes, that song!!

Carol@simple_catholic said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even see the screen to comment the tears are coming so hard. This video is incredible.

Colleen said...

Carol, I agree!

Richard Maffeo said...

I use this video each quarter I teach my nursing students and make the point that our Father in heaven will always break through the crowd to come to our side.

Colleen said...

Richard, that is awesome! It really makes the point doesn't it?