Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Finding Peace

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below.

1. I am overcome with sadness and grief over the bombing in Boston. I grew up in New England. Boston belonged to all of us. I cannot make sense of it. When I was reading the Imitation of Christ today, I came across these words - "Blessed is that soul who hears the Lord speaking within, and from his lips receives the words of comfort ... Your Beloved says, "I am your salvation, I am your peace and your life, Keep yourself in Me, and you will find peace."(Book 3, Chapter 1)

2. Eucharistic Adoration - it has been a few weeks since going to Adoration at my scheduled time and i was so glad to be there. If you want to find peace, go to adoration. Jesus is Peace.

3. Another sunrise that just filled me up! A true sabbath moment of peace. Thank you, Lord!


4 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Prayers ... always prayers. And trust in God.

God bless you.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

That sunrise is lovely. Thanks for showing us. You must have been up quite early to capture that.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

That sunrise is lovely. Thanks for showing us. You must have been up quite early to capture that.

Colleen said...

Victor, amen to that. God bless!

Barb, I was on my way to work. About 7 am. Very early. :)