Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Long Weekend

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

1. Spent a nice day with my hubby, going to some favorite places in town. Bookstore topping the list. He has had a rough week health-wise, but seems to be better, so we thought it might be nice to get out of the house. It was relaxing to be able to sit and sip a mocha frappuccino and peruse some books!
2. Having a long weekend. It is my birthday week so it was my present to myself to have an extra day off. Taking some time to read and rest and pray and write.
3. Doing a bible study on my own on the Gospel of Luke. I feel more and more drawn to studying the Bible and praying with scripture (lectio divina). Gives me many sabbath moments!

7 comments :

Sue Elvis said...

Colleen,

I hope you have a very happy birthday! We've been friends for two years now. Time flies.

I'm sorry to hear your husband hasn't been very well. Praying for you both!

God bless!

Colleen said...

Sue, thanks for your prayers! 2 years!? Yes, time flies for sure. God bless!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for your husband, and you. Best wishes on your Birthday. Many Happy Returns.

God bless.

Barb Schoeneberger said...

Happy Birthday and God bless you and your husband. Those extra days off do a lot to restore one's spirit when they're spent in the Lord, don't they?

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you for your prayers and linking up here very week!

Barb, thank you. Yes, my spirit does feel restored. God bless!

Melanie Jean Juneau said...

Winnie-the-pooh is humble, simple, listens, loves. Reads these quotes like parables of the kingdom

Colleen said...

Melanie, thank you for sharing those quotes on your blog. They are wonderful!