Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sabbath Moments - Stressing Out!

Sabbath moments are a way of taking time to rest in God, to enjoy God in silence or in nature. The word sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning "cease." And that is what we need to do sometimes, cease our activity and live in the moment and breathe in God.
I invite you to share your Sabbath moment(s) here on Saturdays. Be sure to sign into Mr. Linky below!

What a busy week! There were not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Finding a sabbath moment seemed just about impossible. I was so stressed and it didn't help that I had no quiet time, no alone time, little prayer time. So I had to get a little creative. Take a minute here and another minute there.
1. On Tuesday, I read a great reflection in my daily devotional, Living Faith, written by Sr. Kathryn James Hermes, F.S.P. Sr. Kathryn said that "God is at work today in the Church just as it is." No matter the situation, she wrote, Christ walks in our midst.
Indeed, He does.
So I may feel stressed, but no matter, what, God is working through it all.
2. An hour of adoration in the middle of the night was awesome and very much needed!
3. Got to work a little earlier and spent some time reading the day's scripture readings and reflection. And the pope's homily which I try not to miss.
4. Stopping for just a minute to take a picture and watch the ducks as I left home to go to work. God is so good to give us such fun creatures to watch!

2 comments :

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God is good indeed.

May He bless you and your family.

Colleen said...

Victor, thank you! God bless you too!